Originally Posted by deflave
Hazmat applies to ammo? Who won't ship to AK?
I'm not aware of anyone that will ship powder/primers/ammo to me that is not located within the state of AK. Those within the state that will ship these items do so at a substantial markup above the already increased AK price. I don't make a living on shipping ammo/powder/primers to bush AK so someone else may need to correct me, but I'm confident I paid Hazmat on the last rimfire ammo I shipped via air freight. In addition to Hazmat charges, there are overall weight limits for air carriers for powder/primers per Hazmat shipment, something like 16 pounds total weight. It must be specifically packed and boxed in an approved box. Of course there are companies that will do this for you, but it adds to the cost quickly. Typically I package the powder/primers myself and then take them to air freight each time I visit Anchorage so as to limit the cost to the freight charge and Hazmat fee. Ammo I normally pack in my luggage, but weight limits sometimes adjust how I can best do that. There's nowhere I'd rather live, but bush AK requires additional consideration of the logistics involved in the shooting sports.

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Suck bullets simply suck.