Originally Posted by 458Win

...that bear who's paw I am holding was in such thick pucker brush that without a scope it is doubtful we would have even been able to see him well enough to get a shot.

I have also never found an animal that required a 375 or larger than I needed to magnify more than 2 1/2 times !!! I have even made kills on game as small as Dall sheep at distances well over 400 yards with the 2 1/2 Leupolds on my 30-06 and on moose over 400 yards with my 458.

It is the same scope I have had on my 458 for almost 30 years and like I have on multiple of my camp rifles as well. they only weigh around 8 oz and are tougher than a woodpecker's lips.

Phil, you have made similar comments about the Leupold 2.5 Ultralight many times and have convinced me to give one a try.

What reticle are you using?

When the 2.5 Ultralight is compared to some of the other low power options from Leupold, it's field of view is smaller. Have you ever felt the FOV was too small. I suspect you haven't had any problems with this or you wouldn't still be using them!

Again, thank you for sharing your practical knowledge and wisdom.

Merry Christmas.

Scott