Originally Posted by hookeye
I dislike the standard 10/22 stock.
The old fingergroove stocks were way better.
Yep,the standard stocks are definitely clunky,I much prefer the DSP walnut stocks.As far as a .22 being "classy",great,but I put a lot more emphasis on accuracy.For years I shot rimfire benchrest all over the country,and actually had and still have some rifles that even cisco might consider marginally classy-Several 52 Winchesters,both sporter and target,Anschutz 54 sporters and target,1411 Anschutz,2007 Anschutz 54MS Anchutz,numerous 40X Remingtons,Klienguenthers,Kimbers,Sako's,Calfee XP 100 rimfire conversion,plus dozens of other .22's.I would shoot around 15,000 rounds of Tenex or Lapua ammo a year.The thing is,despite shooting competition for several years and being fairly successful at it,I am a squirrel hunter at heart.The thing is I met several other die hard squirrel hunters while shooting competition,and despite having access to pretty much any rimfire out there,when it comes down to the nut cuttin,the 10/22,although customized,is the hands down favorite among these serious squirrel hunters.