Originally Posted by kragman1
My best shooting rimfire auto is a 10/22, but its far from stock. You could buy a very nice Anschutz for what it cost to build it.
Before that my best was a Remington 552 Speedmaster, cycles everything, shoulders fast/points like a shotgun and is very very accurate.
I grew up shooting a Nylon 66. They were inexpensive back then, reliable, accurate and FUN.

For the money, I'd say the best of the 3 is a 552. The deluxe version is pretty good looking too.
And the 552's actually DO cycle shorts, longs and long rifle ammo. From a tube mag though. People seem to have strong feelings about tube mags both for and against.

i grew up with a 572 fieldmaster. good gun after it went back to the factory for a new barrel under warranty. it was an adl. have a 572 BDL, pretty nice. and big game sights.

the 552 speedmaster BDL is one fine gun. good wood, and quality. interestingly, one doesn't see them on many lgs gun racks.

have had lot's of fun with an erma, iver johnson .22 semi. has two sizes rear peep sights. will kill a coon.