Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I have a M24 Short, also. It will kill a coon in a trap, all I ask of it. My brother gave it to just before he passed. Neat little guns, but not my favorite. I guess that would my 10/22 Deluxe Sporter, it works, and the first shot is always under the crosshairs.

I've since bought a rather homely little CZ 512 Suppressor-Ready rifle, it's short, handy, and as accurate as my three CZ boltguns. I was really, REALLY surprised at how well it shot, straight out of the box. Use good ammo and it shoots really well. As a happy note, you don't have to shoot CenterX to get great results, it does almost as well with cheap, easy-to-find CCI Blazer. I haven't shot it a lot (I bought it in October), but there have been no "chokes 'n' pukes" yet. It uses the same magazines as the 452/453/455 rifles, and I have a wad of those. The .22LR models come with a hideous 25 round magazine, that hangs down too far and gets in the way a lot, BUT those 455 5 and 10 rounders work just as well and are not in the way in the slightest, and load very easily. It's even pre-threaded for a suppressor, the barrel is 16.5" long, so it's trim and light, too. I won't retire the Ruger (like I did my old Marlin 60), but the little CZ is sure worthy of looking at.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.