Originally Posted by hookeye
Originally Posted by MOGC
No houses where I hunt... for miles.

Little thicket, 4 houses total. One on 3 of the 4 sides.
Loaded with squirrels.
Killed 130" and 150" deer out of it.
Sucky little spot wink

No disrespect, but it would drive me crazy. I had a buddy that was struggling with turkey hunting. He begged me to come turkey hunt his farm with him. He has 350 acres several counties north of me. I heard traffic noises, dogs barking, doors slamming, people voices, tv's blaring and we walked out the one big ridge on the farm listening for gobblers in an hour. We ended up in a pop up blind on the edge of a field. I couldn't wait to get out of that blind, drove me crazy. The entire experience of farm hunting just leaves me cold.

I see deer, turkey, coyotes, bobcats, elk, black bear and plenty of feral hogs where I hunt. I hear elk bugle, coyotes howl and owls hoot. I seldom hear a man made sound. No way in my lifetime can I hunt out all the ground I have available to me. There aren't fences, I walk until I'm tired and need to head back to the truck. It's what I'm used to and anything less has no appeal to me. I say that respectfully, we all have different experiences, preferences and different things available to us.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.