Squirrel season is now, and always has been, my first hunts of the year. Never could get my head wrapped around spring turkey.

I've an old Marlin model 60 bought around 1985 that shoots any standard velocity solid leads so well that it's almost ridiculous. Head shots rule but if pickings are slim I'll take a body shot on rare occasions. They work but I hate losing any meat.

A lot of the "good squirrel woods" of my youth have houses in them now but, fortunately for me, I know exactly NO other squirrel hunters locally and it's a rare farmer that won't let me hunt. Season is Aug 15 so........the heat stops me from going more than anything. It's early morning on any cooler days or nothing.

Less than two months off. I need to pick up another scope for the Marlin. I took the old 4x off for some dumb reason and, for the life of me, don't recall what I did with it. IIRC.......someone "borrowed" it. LOL hmmmmm

Squirrel makes the best stew ever!

God Bless
Steve

"I realize that it is natural for the people who disagree with me to think I am wrong, and I am not so arrogant as to deny that possibility."