Originally Posted by shrapnel

Well you have your say and as wrong as you may be you are entitled to do so. Michael Jordan, Ted Williams or Wayne Gretzky performed at the top of their respective sports, but they trained with controlled circumstances knowing if they goofed up they could do it over.

You really need to get shot at during a high speed chase and you may change your mind about his job description and the practice a cop gets to deal with those circumstances.

Are you being for real? You don’t know me, but I do not work behind a desk. Yesterday morning my coworkers and I actually did use the video for learning purposes. The first thing that was said by anyone was- “well... we’d be put on probation for gun-handling that bad”, and it went down hill from there.

Your belief of “performance” is completely incorrect. Your thoughts are shared by the large portion of the gun carrying “professionals”, yet when actually measured at their tasks the absolute best teams on earth are about as good at their “sport”, as a decent regional junior high basketball team is at theirs.

Originally Posted by shrapnel

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.c...d3f7f9e-7b33-562c-bcc2-cffce03182dd.html

The world is full of tough guys that know all about these circumstances. My son is a LEO and was one of the first on the scene to this fatal shooting of another officer. He didn’t get to look at a video to see what he could do better...

And that’s why people continue to die. Remove the emotion and evaluate honestly. A LOT of police and military personel (a very good case can be made for most) get killed and wounded, or shoot the wrong people because they are under trained, under skilled, and do not learn from the past. I guarantee you I have never done a single mission of any type without us and others absolutely destroying our performance- no matter how good the outcome. Then we immediately change, correct, and practice the solution to the failures under conditions vastly harder than they were initially noted, so that they never happen again. Doing otherwise is like repeatedly going into the ring of a UFC fight, getting your butt destroyed every time, but never learning from the fights.

Winning fighters and coaches evaluate everything done critically and are hyper focused on removing weaknesses. Losers high five each other “because they played”.

Originally Posted by StoneCutter

Generally, I think that if the perps are shooting at you, shouldn't you shoot back? Plus, when you're chasing another vehicle at a high rate of speed, the tires and engine block probably aren't an option. Checking to see if there's a kid in the truck??? Maybe the cop should have politely asked them to pull over, I'm sure they would have complied.

See, this is my problem with both LE and the military. The general idea that the most important thing is to go home at night. “Surviving” isn’t the most important thing. If it was then why did you sign up to carry a gun in the first place? Winning is the most important thing, and it’s pretty hard to win if you kill the very thing you are supposed to be protecting.