One of the biggest fallacies which is usually expressed by liberal and anti-gun individuals is the belief that LE will protect you from being harmed. I have cops in my family and I have cops and SWAT members as good friends that I hunt and shoot with. Everyone one of them have said their shift goal is to make sure they and their cop brothers/sisters go home each night in one piece.

Within my group of friends, three have been involved in “good shootings”. Two of the three 10X’d the bad guy at the scene and one piece of schit arrived DOA at the hospital after my buddy lit him up with his HK MP5.

Every single one of them is a strong advocate for civilians having a concealed carry license for self protection. Aside from their departments SOP for immediately entering a school or shopping mall where an active shooter is called out. They will almost without question post-up if they are first on scene and wait for a cover car or two to arrive before they will make contact on any call of a person with a gun, robbery in progress, domestic beef, or suspicious person lurking around at night.

If the first car on scene “doesn’t immediately” see a bad guy to engage. They will wait for a cover car. They know these minutes waiting for cover could mean the life of a victim, but it’s not what they are expected to do by their department...”Be Safe Out There” at the end of their roll call means for them to look after themselves and their brothers.

Most of us who are gun friendly people know this is just one reason concealed carry of a legal firearm is necessary. Nobody is responsible or mandated for saving your life, cops included. I know this, all of us know this. We may think or wish that all who wear a badge are gonna be heroic and run “solo” into an unknown call from a victim for help...”Don’t Run To Your Death” is trained into them. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”