I had a 3 rifle battery for several years, a 22, 22-250, & 30-06 & know to this day that they were all I could possibly need.

Then I started hunting out or state, different game, terrain, etc. & thought I needed more. That, & the fact I could afford more. A rifle for heavy cover could be handy. It could maybe serve as a truck gun. Or, a dedicated truck gun might be better? Rocky Mountain Elk hunts gave me a strong desire for a backup Elk rifle, that got added. Saving every day vacation you're allowed from Jan. - Oct., then driving 30 hours to start the hunt is no time to have equipment spoil the whole thing.

Yada yada yada. They add up, then the add ups start adding up, but my first sentence still stands. I like 'em all but I sometimes envy pragmatist & minimalist. I've made list for years on the guns really needed & what the cash from the rest could get me. Ha! probably more guns!

A 15-20 year old list I have is called "The 6" The six guns, total,(R,P,SG) that will do it all. Throw them in a camper & head out to parts unknown. I believe in the list strongly enough that I can't throw anything out when & feel the need to add serious self defense stuff due to the increased violence & turmoil across the country. The list can quickly turn into "The 7" or "The 8". But surely 8 total should cover it.????