Originally Posted by Savage_99
Allen Day said it best, "the rifle preoccupation is innate resource draining dead end".

That could be said of many preoccupations. In many cases the difference at the end is you have a bunch of rifles that are worth something - in many cases well more than they cost - and will last many years with a modicum of care.

Used beer isn't worth anything and many other used things are worth very little.

While the 7mm RM I started with and a centerfire .22 would have sufficed for all my shooting over the years, the others have provided many hours of entertainment and will be capable of doing so decades after I'm gone. Shooting doesn't involve greens fees ($30 to $225 or more in Colorado) or other fees every time I choose to partake.

I have to admit I do love golf and other non-shooting preoccupations, though - they keep people off my shooting range.

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 09/19/18. Reason: deleted extra end quote

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.