I've been paring down for the last five years. Down from somewhere close to forty. For a long time I had a set of Ruger 77 RS 's that spanned 22LR to 416 Taylor, and just about every niche inbetween. Except for a few old family guns that I'm now dividing among other family members, I'm down to a 22LR, 22 250, 257 Roberts, 30 06, and a muzzleloader, all Ruger 77's and a 9.3x74R double. Double will probably be next to leave. Then the next ones up are my German guns, drillings and o/u's, and my few remaining handguns.
I'm crying as I box them up, but truthfully I didn't need them. In fact, I probably could get by just fine with a 22, a muzzleloade and my one drillings, and that might be where I wind up. I don't expect to be able to go on any dream hunts, anymore, and there is not much use for rifles or handguns in SE Virginia, so it's a lot less of a big deal than when I lived in PA.
I've settled too many estates and see little old ladies cheated time after time. I don't want my wife to go through that.
Bfly

Be nice and work hard, you never have enough time or friends.