Originally Posted by Ky221
We’ve all seen the threads over the years about the 1,3,and 5 hunting rifle battery, talks about liquidating and building or keeping the good ones. I wonder, does anyone actually do this or is it just fun to think about it? Reason I ask is the last couple of years I have thinned down to very few rifles and shotguns, and while I still haven’t gotten the “battery” to exactly where I want it, I’m very close. Just wondering if anyone else has actually done the same and what rifles/chmaberings made the cut.

Right now I’m down to a pair of cz452s in 22LR and 22 WMR, a pair of light weight 20gauges ( one auto, and one O/U), a 700 in 30-06, a 700 in 375 h&h, and am working to bridge the gap between the 22WMR and the 30-06 right now. After that I’m pretty well set. That’s not to say I won’t buy more, I’m sure I will, but as far as a “battery” goes, it would be complete.

Only in my mind. Chamberings go in and out for use by me. At the moment, the .22 Mag, .243 Win and .308 Norma don't get much use but I imagine they will be back.

One rifle battery - .30-06

Three rifle battery - .22 LR, .223, .30-06,

Five rifle battery - .22 LR, .223, 6.5 CM, .30-06, .338 Win Mag,

It was really hard to leave my .375 out of the 5 rifle list but I use my .338 lots more.