Originally Posted by Blackfly1
I've been paring down for the last five years. Down from somewhere close to forty. ...
I've settled too many estates and see little old ladies cheated time after time. I don't want my wife to go through that.
Bfly

Blackfly, I've thought about that often since I've done trusts and estates work myself.

I try to keep my family educated as to relative worths of guns, especially since my wife is from Japan and has no appreciation for guns at all. (My kids may help, though.)

As a result, I keep a running list of all my guns, dates, details, etc. and a separate list of accessories such as dies and ammo, with original prices and some comments about current values. It really adds up over time.

I guess that I should add some thoughts on how to liquidate them all, since a few have acquired real value and should be let go very carefully.

Norm

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).