Originally Posted by RJM
..my suggestion is...leave well enough alone....

Better to have five rounds you know that are going to go off rather than an 80 year old who will now have to learn FTF clearance drills...to gain what 2-3 rounds...

By the time her 5-shot is empty there will either be bodies on the ground or people beating feet to get away from her...

Bob

Originally Posted by bcraig
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
I kinda agree with RJM if she is happy with what she has. But, I really like the Shield .380 EZ. It is a single action with a grip safety and can be had with or without a thumb safety. (We have the one without the thumb safety to keep it simple.) It is really easy to load, really easy to shoot, and allows rapid follow up shots. Most of the people I see who are able to hit a paper plate with 5 shots at 10 feet using a small revolver take forever to do it, which is great if a bad guy just stands there and takes it. For the bad guy(s) who charges, it will be over quick. The EZ is not like shooting a .22, but it is pretty mild. The longer barrel gives really good velocities approaching advertised specs (Federal Hydra Shoks, 974 fps, Critical Defense, 994 fps, Gold Dots, 1059 fps (above advertised spec)!). The only thing I would suggest is to do the leg work and vet it for the end user in case there are any issues. (Some have reported the gun ejecting a live round along with an empty. We have not had that issue.)

If I get her another handgun I want it to have a double action only pull that would be a lot like the revolver she has now.
she can do the 5 shots in about 10 seconds.

I got on youtube and there were several instances where the last round failed to chamber.

I was wanting to increase the number of rounds available to her BUT the suto problems are there for sure.
I suppose I could search and see if a double action only 8 shot revolver in a stouter caliber than a 22 rimfire is available.
That would seem to be a great option.

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money