Originally Posted by bcraig
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I don't have any first-hand with KelTec, (but I did mean KelTec above where I referenced the Grendel......showing my age).

One of my USMC brothers is a LEO in WV. He was telling me he carries a Glock 21 for a primary, and a KelTec P11 for a backup. He likes the P11.

I understand about the age thing ,I am over 21 myself !

I never had any issues with the ones I had but like so many guns I have owned throughout the years they were either traded off or sold.

I think that you've been given some good information.

If you decide on the Kel Tec P11, it may well meet your mother's needs.

I've had one for 12 years--it is the hard chrome rig, and it has about 11,000 hours carry time. I don't shoot it a lot, as the square shape in the grip handle hurts my hand when firing 30 or more rounds in a session. It's really meant more for carry than range time. Nevertheless, some guys claim to have run up to 5,000 rounds in their rigs.

Here is a video that reflects my experience with the rig. As in the video, I have the belt clip on the side, and the steel recoil rod installed on my P11 rig.

These days, there are better choices, but you could do a lot worse too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncrh1jUF3uY

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...