Originally Posted by T_Inman
Some of you all have some fancy camps. Nothing wrong with that, but it isn't for me.

For deer, elk and antelope here in WY, I usually sleep in the front seat of my pickup. If I eat dinner at all, I just heat up a can of stew on a small single burner stove on my tailgate and eat packaged stuff for breakfast and lunch. I like to be mobile and being fancy with the cooking doesn't work well for me.
If I am in the backcountry for elk or deer, I have just a small dome tent and my jet boil with Mountain House.

If it is going to be dry, sometimes I just use a tarp, like at snowCOCK camp this year.
[Linked Image]

I have a nice wall tent, but way too much time and energy is wasted getting an actual camp set up for me. When I hunted off horseback it was sometimes different, but not always.

Nice! About the only bird left on my bucket list, always threatened to do it but never have, how did you do? I went after the white tailed ptarmigan here in Utah a few times and got into them around kings peak and gunsight pass in the Unitas at around 12,000 ft . Probably a similar hunt?

I used to operate like that. Hated any kind of cooking or camp chores.
Use a wall tent or trailer now when hunting with friends. Have used the wall tent for years but I hate set up and tear down.

More often than not I’m solo hunting deer, got this for a base camp. Sets up fast and is solid.as you can see I hate having to go to town for propane wink
[Linked Image]

Last edited by rosco1; 10/25/18.