Originally Posted by wldthg
[Linked Image]
This is our second camp ( Stone Camp--- built in the 1930's )
Red Camp is our First.
[Linked Image]
Both camps surrounded by basically thousands of acres of hardwoods -- 270 acres of private hunting in New York attached to 900 acres public Hunting in NY and attached to 2000 acres public hunting in Vermont. Both camps are next to each other at the end of a dead end hollow.
The 1 acre of land my father bought in 1954 for $40 to build it, included forever hunting and restricted woodcutting rights on the remaining 100+ acres of woods that the 1 acre parcel was subdivided out of. Hunting rights can include anyone hunting out of our camp. Present owner ( hunter ) doesn't like it --- but knew it before he bought it. We do respect his property. Note --- Photo of Red Camp -- Bear used the post of the porch for his mark -2 post clawed up----- Web
----- Camp in nearby South Arlington Vt. that my Father hunted out of
[Linked Image]
also nearby the very famous South Hollow Hunting Camp in Vermont
[Linked Image]
Back in the late 70's I believe I spent many a weekend at one of these camps. Buddy's step dad was a hunting partner in one of these. Use to camp out in the summer and ride his dirtbike in the fields that were on the side of the road before you got to the camp. Haven't been back since and I have lived less than 15 miles from them my whole life! Wasn't the south hollow camp a school house that was moved to that location?