Originally Posted by jimy
Originally Posted by Jim1611
You guys sure have some great deer camps. I'm not sure if it's me that missing out or you all though. I hunt on a family farm that belongs to a guy I went all through school with. I killed my first deer there 45 years ago. My deer stand is within 1 1/14 miles of my home and many times I just walk there. I see deer every day and almost always get a nice buck. Nobody bothers me and it doesn't cost a dime. I do find myself thinking I wish some of my hunting friends could be watching everything that I am right now when they tell me they didn't see a thing that day and I've watched several bucks and doe all day long.

I hope to God that you thank your friend, for what he has provided for you over the years, so many guys take it for granted until its gone, you are a lucky man with a great friend,

I am very grateful to him. Every time I sit in that deer stand and have the time of my life I think of how fortunate I am to be able to be a guest at his farm. I never abuse anything in regard to being there. He's helped me drag deer out of the woods and offered me his tractor with a loader if I need it. We both grew up with what he does for me being standard practice. He told me the other day I have a place to hunt as long as we both live. Yes I am very blessed and especially to have a friend like him.