Originally Posted by roundoak
A lot of deer camps in Northern Wisconsin have closed, including the one my Grandad and his sons owned since the 1930s. The main reason is the deer herd has been significantly reduced by hard winters, state and federal forestry practices, wolves and bears.

Very true words ROundoak. I was in Price co this weekend and see that the deer numbers are looking up. My son Chas and I walked a good 3 miles Saturday grouse hunting. To our amazement my son went on a 2 mile walk , shot at a grouse and saw 4 deer. In the 3 mile walk we came across 2 buck rubs and a scrape. People find this hard to believe but that is a vast improvement from a few yrs ago . The state wont cut a single tree in the Flambeau River State Forest but the county is cutting everything and the deer numbers have improved despite having snow on most of the ground on April 25 this year. Although it is not fair to just blame the bear , wolves and hard winters . You forgot poachers too. Here is my deer camp that had 8 guys in it in 1989. Now it is down to Chas and I. West side of Price co. Wis. is tough country but I like it. We also catch fish there too. I bought the 7 ac. with 300' South Fork Flambeau River frontage for $3,000. When I told my dad he threw a fit till he saw the land. [Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

Last edited by ihookem; 10/28/18.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23