I'm picking up some great pointers here and flowing the thread closely, as I have never lived anywhere before where I had occasion to grind meat.

Any tips on methods to grind, an addition to the nature of the fat content? My brother is big on hand grinders, but I think that would pall pretty quickly. There are some nice powered ones at the outdoor shops like Cabela's or Midway, or at the source recommended by High Noon.

I''m thinking of just getting an meat grinder attachment for our heavy duty KitchenAid stand mixer . The KitchenAid brand accessories look like plastic and aren't apt to last, but the are a couple of aluminum or stainless attachments from other suppliers that should handle heavy work. Thoughts?

And regarding elk meat burgers falling apart, I now have one of those heavy cast iron Blackstone camping griddles, so there's no need for the typical grills where the burger can fall.

Another member [Owll?] brought a huge griddle to Armijo Springs this year to cook just bought everything, and it worked like a charm. It turned out that I never got to put mine to use. wink

Norm

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).