Originally Posted by Fireball2
I just stretched my 18" carbine .375 Winchester Savage 99 to almost 500 yards blowing up rocks. You might be surprised what the rifles already in your safe are capable of. smile

I guess most people think bullets hit an imaginary wall at 300 yards and fall to the ground?

Yes sir I agree, have several in the safe, but most are pretty heavy or got more recoil than I want right now, shot my skeleton stock ruger in 260 and after 3 shots with 129gr superformance made my shoulder tender for a couple days, funny thing though after I shot 3 hogs didn’t feel sore at all lol, got a muzzle brake coming for my 308 to try but it’s pretty heavy, have wanted a surgeon action and have talked to John Beanland a few times but he was 6 months behind and I ran across a 308 with surgeon action and bottom metal, McMillan stock, and either Krieger or Bartlein barrel that Beanland put together with only couple hundred rounds, then broke my collar bone before I got to shoot it, I look at it a lot but when I get the brake gonna try it. It’s pretty heavy too.

Lifetime Christian

NRA Lifetime Member

Had rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Your 9mm should expand but my 45 wont shrink.