Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Originally Posted by Calvin

A Fieldcraft in 22-250 with the 88's was going to be my first recommendation, but as far as I know, Horn isn't making factory ammo with that combo yet.

I'm holding out for a good factory 22 Creedmoor to hit the market. I see that Alpha is making brass now.

It’s a monster combination. The 88’s at 3,200 plus FPS beat everything else in hit rates out to 800yds save big 338’s with 300gr OTM’s- and that by a teeny fraction. But no one can shoot big guns guns as well as they can fast .22’s.

I imagine an elk will die with an 88gr ELD next year.....

The 224 Speedmire is a fhuqking MONSTER and is very easy to shoot well,due it's mild mannerisms. In weather like Today,I'm squirting 88's at 3225fps. Alpha brass is assuredly a game changer and has no equal and it's nice that Bob and The Gang are filling this slot. In my 23" spout,the 88 is supersonic in my WORST of atmosphere(s),to the 1550yd line. Bullets matter wayyyyyyyy more than headstamps and that bullet rates building a rifle around. Hint.

I've only got a trio of Seex Kreedmires and all are Skookum. No thang to opt a reliable projectile there,that wears a nice BC and performs happily from any/all angles(literally).

As the 264 Kreedmire goes,it's currently THE pick of the litter for many,due the fact,that it simply is supported with THE best over the counter ammo available. Full stop,end of story. 700yds don't even get it outta Granny Low in the gear case and it'll happily thrash alotta schit that folks "think" is "good".(grin)

THE opening move,is Reality. Assess whether one is gonna burn Factory Fodder or load as per whim. If the counter is the option,then simply 264 the bitch and don't fret a thing. Given a shred of sense,the lesser diameters have ALOTTA "hidden" merit,which have as of yet to be extolled upon the masses. Mechanically,all will reliably kill THE fhuqk outta 700yd Critters and with aplomb,but trouble is,nobody shoots and everyone hopes to purchase "proficiency",which ain't how a skillset gets developed. Hint.

Facts and Physics reliably frost the cake,though spent primers remain THE Supreme Tutorial.

Hint......................

Please post some pictures of your exploits with fast twist high vel .22s

Thanks. laugh

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.