A whitetail at 700 yards? Hmm....you are going to need a gun shooting better than MOA. I think there are tiers of accuracy and cost. It all depends on your budget and what you value. Some shooters value "pride of ownership" (cosmetics and brand name recognition). Some don't care about perceived desirability and only value field performance (most inexpensive guns nowadays shoot MOA or better). Some spend most of their money on the gun and less on the optics. Some do the reverse. Some go full gunsmith/custom. Some buy semi-custom. Some buy ordinary factory production rifles. I guess to answer your question you would have to answer some of the above.

I see lots of Tikka and Barrett recommendations on this forum. But, there are others.....I would buy a value rifle. Meaning one that does not cost much but OVER-PERFORMS in the accuracy/reliability department and top it with a GREAT (not good) scope. Unless, of course, you have money to burn and can do it both.

Me personally, have a Bergara Ridge in .300 Win with an AP Gen 2 Little Bastard (I wear foam ear plugs while shooting) and topped it with a Nightforce (can't afford the SB I wanted). There are many choices. Good luck!