Somebody's buying 220s, or they'd quit making them. For better or worse, wise or foolish, what we do is mostly for fun and to satisfy the need to gratify our notions. I tend to run my .30/06s, when I have them, like .308s, but if someone wants to rattle their chops at the range or slay critters large or small with pencil-length .30s, it's fine with me. No one mentioned 220gr solids, which might still have some utility in certain circumstances for some people. I'm not sure (and am too lazy to look) if those are still available. A 220gr X-bullet designed to expand a bit and then keep going might be handy for the one-gun character in some places. Mr. Phil might have a use for such a thing, and I hope he weighs in here as the resident '06 expert anyway.

Just for fun, I looked up the 220gr ELD-X bullet in the .30/06 data ftom the new Hornady manual. Started at 2550 with Superformance, with a .650 BC, it's still going over 1400fps at 1000, with over 1000 pounds of energy. Most of those may end up being fired subsonic out of Blackouts I suspect.

What fresh Hell is this?