Originally Posted by Bugger
...Well said!

Thanks. I don't use premium bullets much anymore. I don't have a need. It's due, in part, because I look for deals. Bullets like the 220 grain Hornadys on usually on sale sometime throughout the year. They aren't as popular as Partitions or others, so low prices can be had. It pays to shop round. I also make my own jacketed and lead bullets.

ex. In 2013, I bought 500 - 220 gr. Hornadys for $24/100 (reg. $40/100). In US dollars, that was $18.50/100. They were 40% off. With the rotten US/CDN dollar exchange of the past few years (25 to 35 percent), 100 - 220 gr. Hornadys are over $50/100 up here right now. But it gets worse...

Noslers are ridiculously priced up here. 50 - 150, 165 or 180 gr. Partitions are about $60/50. Then you have to add 13% tax. BTs are $35/50. It's cheaper to buy Barnes TSX bullets - they are $4 or $5 dollars per 50 cheaper. Since I don't hunt anything but varmints past 200 yd these days, I forego the Partitions and the copper bullets for old fashioned cup and core or lead bullets. I don't need the Noslers or the Barnes. When I do, I have some on my bullet shelves.

Another big problem is that being in Canada, we don't have the variety that you folks do.

For people that have a requirement for the premiums, I say, go for it.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]