Well, I felt the need to add my 2 cts worth here. One of the best things about a 30-06 is the ability to shoot ammo from 110 grs to 220 grs from the factory and with handloads an even wider range. I am not sure WW loads the 220 Silvertips anymore, if I lived closer to you I'd buy them just to experience the use of them. So for what it's worth zero your 06 with them and go forth and get that elk, moose or bears that you can hunt that the rest of us can't. And just because your buddy used them to shoot running fawns at 300 yds doesn't mean you need to be a stunt shooter too. Use them on the big stuff and tell us how they really work I'll bet you will be pleasantly surprised. The few guys I've read here that have used them do not condemn them at all. Last year I loaded some 180 & 220 grain Hornady RN's just to try them and experience them ( finding out for myself) I haven't shot anything with them yet, but they do shoot really well in my receiver sighted Remington 03 sporter. Color me optimistic about it, because I am. Don't automatically write off things with out some REAL hands on. Magnum Bob

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "