Originally Posted by kenster99
[Linked Image]
I guess these never caught on. Vintage Barnes 30 caliber 250grain.

I think they were once popular especially when someone wanted to do a one gun hunt in Africa with the 06 or an 03 like Teddy. This was before caliber restrictions and the more available/affordable medium bores. These and the 180 .270s were used by Hosea Sarbor one of the first game control officers in Alaska. He used them for many bears, walrus and even a few whales. For seals he liked the 220 swift. One Bear he shot with the 270 was still guarding the remains of it's human kill. This takes a pair of brass ones and a good copper jacketed bullet.

This reminds me of when I was a kid I wrote to, is it Fred or Frank Barnes? Asking about his heavy weight bullets and: A. Would they fit in the magazine? and B. Would they stabilize with a standard twist? His reply was an envelope stuffed with his heaviest bullets in each of the calibers I had asked about. What a nice response for a kid. And yes they did work. This is part of the reason I am still loyal to Barnes Bullets even though it is a whole new ball game now.

Last edited by Tejano; 12/08/18.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli