I borrowed a Remington 700 Ti from a mate one day, with a box of 220gn CoreLokt factory rounds. Three rounds to check zero and a dead pig -big ones too - with each round from the rest of the box. I found them quite effective, and the first three went into a very small triangle from 100 yards over the bonnet. I don't know as they were any more effective than the 150 grainers I normally use on pigs though.

I didn't find the recoil particularly noticeable, despite the light rifle. I might've noticed it if I'd been sitting down at a benchrest, but even dropping pigs in rapid succession the recoil simply wasn't an issue. I quite liked that little rifle.

The bloke who owned the rifle found that neither these nor the hand-loaded 240 gn Woodleigh were really up to the mark for water buffalo on this trip, FWIW. I wasn't there to see the ones he shot with them, but he's a good shot. I know others who've used the .30/06 on buffalo to good effect, but all those I've killed or seen killed were with something a bit bigger.