Almost an eight year old thread. I am just starting to work with a 6mm AI (not a 240 Wby. but close) and a 25-06. The six is twisted 1-8" and the 25 1-9" and I wish I had gone faster in both 1-7 or 1-7.5 in each. This would open up the window to try some of the 115s in 6mm and the heavier Hammer and Matrix bullets in the 25.

So far it looks like you would have to shoot past 5-600 yards to see much if any difference where the better BC of the 6mm would start to show. But the newer high BC 25 caliber bullets keep it in the running. If I do another I think it would be the 6mm-06 with a 1-7.5 twist. Have not used anything sleeker than the ELD-x 103 6mm and the 115 Berger 25 but it would take a longer range than I have available nearby to see any meaningful difference between the two. On game they both work well at typical ranges.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli