John,

You brought this old thread back to life.

As discussed on another thread, I did get a CH4D belt forming die and made $1.50 .240 Wby brass out of $.50 W/W 25-06 brass. It works pretty well and the formed cases shoot as well as the expensive ones. I'll post those photos again.

DF

Formed case on left next to a factory one. Hard to tell them apart.
[Linked Image]

Flat topped "shell holder" is platform for case being pushed into die. It takes some muscle, a compound leverage press, like this Redding Big Boss and plenty of Imperial Die Wax to make it work. The case is them backed out of the die with the punch and a blow or two from a heavy hammer.
[Linked Image]

Here's the CH4D set up. Funny thing about the nail. I called CH4D and told them their punch was too big and I had to make a punch out of a nail. After answering some questions, I had to admit trying to form cases with a FL .240 Wby die before I got their die and of course their punch wouldn't work. It was made for the .25-06 case BEFORE the case was run partially thru a .240 Wby die. Oh well. Now I know and the nail can be retired. Sorta embarrassing... blush Do the belt forming step, THEN the FL .240 Wby die... laugh
[Linked Image]