Dang, I've got a project that's way too overdue. And it's kind of a combination of all of the above.

For lots of years, my favorite antelope round has been the .25-'06 and my gain-twist (11" to 9") Pac-Nor barrel shoots the 100Ballistic waaaay fast.

Anyway, I'm always willing to go faster, so a couple of years ago, I picked up one of those Remington 700 SPS Stainless Steel/Synthetic rifles that Sportsman's Warehouse had specially built. You know, the ones with the 26-inch barrel in .257 Weatherby. I've messed around with the rifle quite a bit ... actually, done everything but fire it grin I've floated the barrel, Marine-Texed the recoil lug recess and action and dicked with the new-fangled trigger (it's a dream @ 3-pounds). And I fitted it with Leupold QR bases and low-rings and mounted a Leupold 4.5-14 scope.

Then, I called Richard Beebe and he sent me just about every Redding die possible. Hey, the dies are Comp-everything and there's a full compliment of TiN-plated bushings for dealing with the neck-sizing.

I KNOW a guy can neck-down .264 or 7Mag cases, but in the interest of science I used some of my Cabela's VISA points and picked up 100 Weatherby-brand .257 Weatherby cases. This sincerely hurt my feelings, it's the first time in over twenty years that I've actually BOUGHT consumeable complents, but I have absolutely no contact at Weatherby, so I actually had to spend money for components ... horrors, horrors, horrors!!! gringringringrin

Anyway, actually BUYING cases, especially those unreal-expensive cases, sorta pissed me off. It is an impossible concept, a handloading writer actually BUYING cartridge cases. But I did.

I have lots of bullets; I'll center on the Nosler 100-grain Ballistic Tip and the Hornady 100-grain SP Interlocked. And I've got a decent supply of those, until I run out.

Powder? I'm thinking prolly IMR-7828 or thereabouts.

Anwyay, one of these fine days, I'll actually have to venture out to Douglas Ridge Rifle Club and shoot this gorgeous-looking rifle. Everything looks and feels perfect ... Hell, if looks could shoot, it's a half-incher right now. grin

Report to follow ... in a month or six.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397