Dirtfarmer: Very nice setup I could be very pleased with that if the bolt weren't on the wrong side. I don't think it is much of a handicap to have the 1-10 twist as most of the good hunting bullets are in the 85 to 100 grain range. The main diet of most of my 243s and 6mms is the 95 grain Nosler both Partition and Ballistic tips.

I believe that Roy Weatherny at least initially lathe turned the belts for the prototypes of both the 240 and 378 (from 30-06 and 416 Rigby respectively). One story has it that he took the prototype 378 to Africa with something like only 6-8 cases due to how tedious it was to turn them. Supposedly he shot an elephant with the 378 that dropped at the shot, which was a good thing as the next case jammed. I think I would have done a little more testing before trying that.

Re-sizing would be much less of an effort if the belt was mostly formed on the lathe with the reduction of the thicker part of the webb as well. This die looks interesting sort of a reverse Lee Collet die but it is only made in the H&H size. http://www.larrywillis.com/ A good machinist could make one for the 240 but could be costly.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli