I've never used the 240weatherby, and only have accounted for 4 head of game just this season with my 25-06AI, but I'm loving it! Can't believe it took me this long to get around to building a .25 cal rifle. I've only shot the 100NBT's so far but I can't see anything wrong with them at all. This rifle just seems to flatten critters. Rachel notched the first kill with the rifle on her pronghorn buck at 416yds and he never moved at the shot. We were shooting down on him and it entered high and exited low without great bullet performance. #2 was my pronghorn buck at 460yds and it was a repeat, he simple folded at the shot. It was a cross canyon shot and we were level with him, it entered the near shoulder and exited the off, with very little wasted meat.

I was not suprised at the performance at distance with the pronghorn's but was a little worried about the 100NBT up close. Turns out the worrying was all for naught. #3 was a good whiteatail buck last week at 80yds, he was running does at an angle away and I swung and put one in him and he too pretty much just hit the dirt. Shot entered at about the 4th rib and shredded the lungs and lodged in the off shoulder. #4 was another whitetail last night at about 175yds that was quartered towards and it too simply folded at the shot. Shot entered right in the near shoulder, destroyed lungs, liver, then proceeded to exit in front of offside rear leg.

We still have deer tags left and quite a bit of hunting to do, but I almost can't wait for that to come to an end so I can start doing some coyote hunting that rifle. I think it's gonna be bad....for the coyotes. (grin).

Like I mentioned I have no exp w/the 240weatherby. My fastest 6mm I have a lot of exp with is the 243AI. But if I had to vote I'd likely go 6-06 if I had to go wtih a LA 6mm. But if I wasn't tied to the 6mm then I'd likely go 25-06. Although a 6-06 running 105 Amax's/VLD's would be a heck of a rifle.

I ran one of my 25-06AI brass into my 243AI neck die and seated a 105VLD and the 6-06AI with that long bullet looks pretty damn good just sitting still. Maybe when this 25-06AI tube is gone it'll get a 6-06 or 6-06AI tube. So many cartridges and so little time.....

[Linked Image]