First, welcome to the Fire...This place is full of talented hunters and shooters, as well as funny dudes with a wild streak of smart-ass and piss and vinegar mixed in. Hope you enjoy it here...There isn’t any place like it for good information and pure entertainment.

Don’t feel bad if at some point some members want to give you schit over what you’ve posted if you decide to stick around. For some hazing is their specialty...As for the 06 and the above bullets you’re asking about.

All 3 will do nicely. I’ve hunted both the 180g AB and TSX bullets in the same weight, different chambering. The AB have been very impressive on deer and elk mushrooming properly, and retaining their weight. Nasty suckers when they hit bone. I’ve had more pass through an animal then catch one even out to 600 yards.

The Barnes TSSX bullet is stout and will hold its core intact a little better with good penetration. I used to use them exclusively, until I tried the NAB’s. I changed to AB because all my big fur rifles showed better accuracy with them then the TSX.

Your choice of scope may be more important to you if you are dialing up 500 yards for a shot on a bull with an 06. Drop with a 180g 30-06 will be 46” inches with a 200 yard zero. Energy at 500 yards is in the neighborhood of 1483. Which IMO isn’t very much unless you punch the heart. Could make for a long track on a hit elk otherwise. Just my opinion. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”