Originally Posted by K22

I could maybe agree with you if it were true that vaccinating wiped out diseases or at least was a real preventive against them, but unfortunately that has not been the case. Even the CDC, a Gov. funded organization, has stated this. If my parents, my siblings and me, my children, and my grandchildren had contracted any of these diseases, possibly died, were physically affected by them, ect. if this were the case and I refused to believe in vaccinations, then yes, I would be dumb [bleep]. But this not the case. There were a couple of kids in my school that were crippled with one wearing a brace. Polio was the cause. They had been vaccinated.
Calling my life sheltered is humorous at best. shocked grin

You could wipe out a disease possibly if it were not for two things...lack of vaccinations in underdeveloped countries-despite the best humanitarian efforts of caregivers from countries other than those lacking, and secondly the ones who jump the gun and quit getting vaccinated here partially due to the mistaken notion that the danger has passed. These are the EXACT two reasons that these supposedly eradicated diseases have made a limited "comeback" here.

Rocky said something about "what's next the bubonic plague". There's a case of something that there is no vaccine for and which has never been totally wiped out, even here in this country. It is just not heard of as much due to antibiotics and sanitary conditions. There are always some cases floating around with it being more prevalent out west.

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 02/10/19.