Originally Posted by RockyRaab
It suddenly occurs to me that the NASA spokesman whose statements they used in the video might even be me. I was a NASA spokesman, and I said those exact lines many times.

Now, I was never TOLD to say those things. I was never "let in" on any "secret" studies or revelations. But the truth was that NASA did not study UFOs and had no opinion on them either way. So that's what I stated. The Air Force did at one time look at the UFO phenomenon and concluded that - whatever the unexplained cases were - they were not any obvious threat to the country. So they stopped collecting that kind of data. As far as I know, that's still the case: USAF is not interested in UFOs.

I believe that there must be other life in the universe. Some of it might even be more intelligent than yeasts and bacteria. But because of the distances involved, I do not believe that any "aviating" lifeforms will ever meet. And certainly that none of them have any reason to come here.

We keep discovering strange atmospheric phenomena. Sprites, a weird purple light in the polar region that isn't aurora, ball lightning, clear air lightning...the list goes on. As I said above, just because you can't explain something doesn't mean it has to be alien spacecraft. There are tribes in Brazil who see jets and probably "explain" them as gods.

I’ve heard that argument before. We visit those tribes also in the interest of basic human curiosity and for the advancement of knowledge.

Don’t you think that a far more advanced civilization with the capability of interstellar travel would want to visit other less advanced societies for the same reason?

Don’t you think we would do the same if we had that capability and knew of other inhabited planets?

Last edited by Dryfly24; 02/17/19.