I've been killing deer for 60 years and haven't slowed down as i get older. I still kill four a year.

DRT is always good! Not having to go find them beats having to find them and drag them out of some nasty hole every time. Putting them on the ground when when it's 1/2 hour past sunset and Bambi is 300 yards out on a cut hay field beat hell out of trying to find where Bambi was standing so you can start looking for blood that may or may not be there. Shoot enough deer and you will find that some of them don't do what they're supposed to. Double lung them and generally they are down and dead inside 60 yards. But...I've seen them make it over a mile leeding heavily enough that. Ould i run i could have followed that fast. Some of them will not bleed and you do not get a say in which ones do or do not.

Out of all those deer i have only lost two. One was a broadside double lung, the otherspun into me at the shot winch to went in behind the shoulder and exited just ahead of the off side ham. The first bled very well but he just kept on moving and I am pretgy certain made it o to a highway where he was picked up. The second, I am sure died somewher within 1/4 mile, but he only left 3 drops of blood close to where he was shot.

DRT is everything it's made out to be with a bag of chips thrown in for free.