Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by OrangeDiablo
For those of you that want DRT results, why hasn't anyone mentioned head shots? Yes it's a smaller target, but if you hit em in the head, I will bet nearly everything I have they will DRT. Opening day of doe season, we have a contest to see who can hit closest to the eye. Makes a mess, but, DRT and no meat loss.

Szchit nevers go wrong – until it does.
I've had to burn a buck tag twice in my life (on deer I wouldn't normally shoot) because some yahoo-never-misses sniper shot the jaw off a deer.

Given Murphy's propensity, and the fact that I'm not at war with the animals, head shots are a hard pass for me.

+1 Scott...I busted the back on a bull many years ago down deep into a canyon. I watched the bull to make sure it was done before I started assembling my hauler gear to head down to take it out...The bull suddenly puts it head up looking around. Dang bull went from lying dead to head up. Not wanting to send another round into good meat, I took a head shot and the elk head and neck flopped over...Done!

It took me over an hour to get down and onto the bull...The poor bull was still alive trying to get up missing it’s lower jaw. I had my pistol and took care of it immediately. This bull made my future decisions to never take another head shot.. I will lose some meat before I would have my animal suffer. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”