Originally Posted by baldhunter
.....One thing I also noticed,though it is not necessary because the deer is down on the spot,I get a large amount of blood and organ material spray from where the animal stood,to 20-30ft beyond the exit side of the deer.

Yes I've seen that too but it doesn't always happen OR I just haven't noticed it all the time.
Here's an example. I had turned this buck 180* for the pic. but if you look close OR enlarge, you'll see a RED streak from the R hind leg.
That's where the bullet BLEW blood from the exit side.

[Linked Image]

Incidentally that shot was Hi behind the L shoulder and shattered the spine. DRT = Drop Right There.

Before 2012 I hunted deer leases mostly and had plenty of room IF deer ran and a lot of the time they did.
Since 2012 I have been hunting a small piece of property, 70 acres, and too often I'm not far from a fence/property line. I don't have permission to hunt the surrounding property so.......

D R T is very important to me.

Fellows, I don't mean to brag, since 2012 I have killed multiple deer each year on this property and I've taken pix of nearly all of them.
There are TOO many pix to post but you can see the deer laying and blood on the ground FROM the shot.
A few examples:

[Linked Image]
All I did for this pic was to PROP his head against the barrel. The blood -- under his head.

[Linked Image]
This pic is Self Explanatory. The neck is a BIG target.

[Linked Image]

This doe hit the ground the blood splattered or spattered. I took the pic before I touched the deer and the leaves are not disturbed.

I have one more pic, if it doesn't post I'll follow up in another post immediately.

[Linked Image]

Since 2012 this is the ONLY deer to take ANY steps. She was actually 1/4ing toward me. I shot the junction of shoulder/chest and she took 1 or 2 stumbling steps and turned BUTT over Head, 180* somersault. Notice the blood on the grass/weeds.

I like, PREFER, CNS ! DRT can be very important.

Jerry

Last edited by jwall; 03/26/19.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!