i had a wing because i liked that two wheel version of a f16. when you lite up that 1800 cc fuel injected machine, is is like hitting the afterburner.
but, the other reason was i liked to ride with my wife and a wing is a great husband wife touring machine. It absolutely stinks at slow speeds.
If i would have been my self, it would have been a top of the line bmw'er. As i remember you can adjust shocks and the windshield on the fly.
and they are very manuverable. I road back on my wing from portland one time along the river east and then down. I adjusted the shocks, had electronic push button cruise control, extenders for my legs/feet, back rest, extra large windshield, am/fm radio and cb and i could set the cruise at 80 or 90mph, and it was effortless. My grandson had a crotch rocket riding with me. Uncomfortable seat position, high rpm piece of caca engine, 40years younger but he was hurting at the end of the day. I just laughed. The only thing i should have done was convert one of the saddle compartments with steyrofoam to hold ice, beer, or wine with a long plastic tube. Thats what made my wife a believer. A trip down to a winery near mexico, four or five iced bottles of wine, and she was sipping wine in that armrest seat all the way back north.
when we had electronic radar on the freeways all over phx, my bmw buddy would take a helmt with a dark face cover, hide the plate, and at about 2am in the morning make a run on the freeway at about 130mph, hitting every radar pit/camera site on the freeway. They never did catch him.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO