Originally Posted by kevinJ
Grew up spending the better part of the summer, all of fall/spring break with my grandparents in the panhandle. They lived in niceville which is just across the bay from Destin and FWB. Used to be a bunch of retired folk, and really good locals. Some local boggies( what they called rednecks). It was a nice town.

Now it’s a bunch of Mexicans, blacks, and crack/meth heads. Town is a shiit hole now. Trailers and run down houses.

Still have family there and they are hopefully gonna get out soon

I had a bunch of fun though fishing, shrimping, flounder gigging, and shooting stuff. Papa had a bay boat and a offshore boat. Wish times hadn’t changed the way they had

You could not pay/convince me to live there. They offered me a good job in a er there. Screw florida

Agree Niceville plummetted in the past several years - I think they built Sec. 8 housing there and lots of the you know what moved in , Friend lives in the middle of town - says you can't leave anything outside now - they'll steal your grill - kids bikes - lawn furniture - broke into his wifes car [twice] stole everything glasses/cds/clothes/everything .
This entire region has went down the drain in the past several years - it was a ch-ithole when I got here 14 years ago .
Local people here are thieves and so are their kids .
I know people who are millionaires who will steal anything they can , dingy came untied from someones dock waterfront resident towed it to his house took the outboard/gastank + other stuff - sent the dingy on its way free floating .

I've never figured out how there are small towns - one town has nice people - next town over is scumbags - florida is the scumbag state of the deep south . I lived in Ms. for 22 years - 1 year in LA. before that . Met lots of nice people from Mississippi Alabama & LA. , EXTREMELY RARE around here in FL. . I have only a couple of people here I consider a friend more-less don't associate with anybody here what so ever .
Jerry Springer show said they noticed their best ''show people'' always came from florida - so they didn't need to search for ''springer show people'' anywhere else but florida .

I've ridden streetbikes all over this region - normal people everywhere but here - come here punks/loosers etc. will be hollaring FU for no reason whatsoever - the reason -- IT'S FLORIDA - I say it all the time .
An Airforce pal of mine in Biloxi -Bob- and I laughed about as soon as we ride into pensacola the goofs will start yelling hollaring crap - we'd bust out laughing as soon as the first goof hollared - which never took long . New guys riding with us would ask 'who are they? - ' why are the they talking ch-itt' ? IT'S FLORIDA Ride anywhere else and lads would look at your bikes say normal things - not in florida ...

Last edited by ol_mike; 07/13/19.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.