Originally Posted by Capt_Craig
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
Originally Posted by JeffA
Good thing your room wasn't in Key West, you still wouldn't be there yet...lol

https://liveduvalstreet.com <~Key West Live Street Cam

We met some folks at the American legion post tonight that told us about Duval st. Luckily we are a day late. There will be one day this week we head south

We didn’t know it but this is mini lobster season this week. The locals hate it. That is the reason this place is a zoo.

You hit mini-season week perfectly. It will get worse by Monday, and Tuesday-Friday will be an all out cluster fugg.

Unfortunately, I have to run an 80’ sportfish down there on charter Tuesday with some guests who have never caught a lobster before. We were down this past week scouting and fishing, and some of our spots have bugs, but the people I have on charter are probably the worst ‘guests’ I’ve had since I began working on boats in the 80’s, and that is saying something. The worst part of it is that I’m doing a favor for a friend who runs this boat full time, so it’s not even my own charter. The only upside of the whole mess is that the boat is a 8 month old Viking, so it’s like running a big, cushy, fighter jet around, just beautiful. Now if I can keep the googans from running into it this week, that would be great.

Be safe, have patience, and show up for dinner at any restaurant either with reservations, or time to spare waiting for a table. Hopefully you’ll have some fun and won’t let the influx of ‘Miami’ this week get you down.

Craig

A big Viking, I hate it for you grin Probably one of the good things that comes out of NJ.