Food is more expensive in Florida than in the Midwest, but it is pretty equivalent quality wise I'd say and the seafood is more available. It does rankle me some to pay more for Florida's Natural orange juice about 20 miles from where they make the stuff than we pay for the exact same juice back in Wisconsin. Intra-state trucking costs vs. inter-state trucking cost is how they justify it when I toured their plant and asked. Green Wise choice black Angus tenderloin that we get in Florida is the best that I've ever eaten. Florida pizza sucks though from all the places that we've tried. The marginal tenderloin, but the great pizza in Wisconsin I suspect are both tied to the vibrant diary industry here. Great cheese, but we eat burned out milk cow.

JeffA, tis true that near everyone I know in Florida that can handle a handgun has their CCW permit and down there most of us don't go too far from home without packing something. Thinking folk don't wander around after dark where we live.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory