Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
First thing wrong is it isn't the South. There's some patches of Crackers here and there you could rightly call Southern, but for the most part, no. There rest of the state is a mongrelized mess. The food sucks, too. Kinda hard to make anything taste right with water that bad. You'd think you could get good seafood anywhere, but they're too lazy to bother. If there's any good BBQ I never found it.

I will say that the hunters down there who are consistently successful are very good. The few years I hunted down there made me a better deer hunter. I stuck with it long enough to get a decent public land buck and then hung it up. It's much more worthwhile to spend hunting time on the road going somewhere better. Likewise I stuck with the turkeys long enough to get a gobbler. Those FL birds weren't any harder than public Easterns in some other places. It was just so many people messing me up all the time until I found one and killed it before they had the chance.

There is some really pretty swamp down there like I have seen nowhere else, though. Still wouldn't recommend it.

You Obviously are not referring to Cuban Food...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”