1987-88 I lived on Peridido Key west of Pensacola. I was 23 and made $12K a year, lived on the beach, had a sports car and flew Navy jets for a living. It was grand. I look back and seem to forget the traffic in the summer from tourists and in the winter from snowbirds, heat and humidity and the population that can simply be classified as "Florida Man"

My parents live south of Tampa. Dad is a native Floridian (Miami and St Augustine) who moved north for his career in 1962 and they moved back a few years ago. Retirement community and the love it with all the activities and their friends. When I see it I see flat country, hot and humid much of the year, traffic lights, chain restaurants and people who's outrage over Matlock being cancelled is worthy of irate letters to the editor.

What would I love? The fishing, we get a trip in a couple times when I visit (which is when walking outside is not like stepping onto the surface of the sun). With a boat and the inshore fishing there might be a lot of "can't come into work. My arm is in a cast" excuses.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated