Originally Posted by Armednfree
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by Armednfree
I don't think you would get 33 states to ratify such an amendment. 19-20 maybe but not 33. I think the libs know that so they would never push from that direction. They need the courts to gut the amendment. With the balance of the court right now that is not likely to happen.

😀 It takes 38 states to ratify a constitutional amendment not 33

Three-quarters of the states in the United States are required to ratify an amendment to the United States Constitution. Therefore, out of 50 states, 38 states or more are required. All the rules, regulations, and the process followed when making any alteration to the constitution is highlighted in Article Five of the United States Constitution. For any amendment to be done to the constitution, all the laid down procedures have to be followed without overlooking any.

I stand corrected. 2/3rds in a convention, 3/4ths otherwise.

Pickin nits, maybe. But it always takes 3/4 of the states to RATIFY an amendment. Just to call for a convention requires 2/3 of the states. This does not mean that whatever the convention proposes becomes law. The convention then can submit proposed amendments which, again, must be ratified by 3/4 of the states.