Originally Posted by PJGunner
Originally Posted by 65BR
The 150 ABLR might eat into powder capacity a bit. To 300 yds, I'd run the following:

150 PT
140 AB
150 NBT

One other option, the 120 Barnes, but at modest speeds, the above 3 will give you solid performance.

That's a good looking bullet but in my three 7x57s and a .280 Remington it's about useless. I'd originally on using that one in the 7x57 as a means of getting a little more range but accuracy has not been good. I keep trying different seating depths but the best I've gotten in any of my rifles is three inches. Guess I'll just have to go with the Partition.
Paul B.

Which one the ABLR? Some bullets simply do not sync great with various throating on certain rifles, etc. or for whatever unknown reason just are fickle.

I say shoot what you are comfortable using....Literally. I bet the youngster using the 300 RUM is not as comfortably feeling that go off, vs when he used his 7/08 wink

Displacement cannot substitute Shot Placement........So be sure you can hit vitals. I recall Sam Fadala writing about his wife going hunting Elk with her Sako 7/08. She knocked one over before they realized she grabbed the 'wrong ammo' - and used factory 140 Corelokt. Likely the original loading that IIRC, used the 139 Hornady IL-SP. I took aim with that very bullet chambered in a 20" Win M70 carbine on an elk at 40 yds one fall in Colorado....but it was not legal. Next day I bumped off a Mule Deer in the same spot, but at 115 paces. Did quite a number on that deer, thru the neck and unfortunately exited hitting the spine/backstrap and hind quarter.......doing quite a bit of damage. It would have done an elk no good. I do not like the current 140 CL that Rem calls "New CL" - do not seem to be accurate when I tried them.

Good luck on your hunt OP - have confidence.

Last edited by 65BR; 08/13/19.