Originally Posted by dodgefan
If you grew up around a fair amount of people from early childhood as I did and watched what happened to the ones who smoked a lot of pot as they progressed from grammar school on up I'm pretty sure you'd say it had an effect on their mental acuity.

We all grew up poor by most standards in the same tiny community of mostly ranchers, loggers government workers.

I literally went to school with some of these kids from kindergarten to high school. My senior class started the school year with something like 15 students and 9 graduated. Guess what the ones who didn't graduate liked to do a lot. Yep that's right smoke a lot of pot.

I also lived next door to a family with 4 kids who were all heavy pot smokers by the time they got to high school and you could see a distinct difference between the oldest and youngest mentally. I was a year younger then the youngest kid.

I'm not saying smoking the occasional joint will make you a retard, but if you use pot heavily enough over a long enough period it will definitely mess you up. I think it really has an effect on the younger kids.

It has a bad effect on kids in the 15-16 year old range , couple that with Over the top video games. Those that do not believe it Google it yourselves.

Look at JeffO for example that should be all you need to know about POT.