Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Meth was not around much then. I would have known if they were smoking it. They would have shared.
It was the pot. They probably had better pot than you or smoked more of it.

Maybe you went to University before 1968 when this was released? I'd guess the song was written before that too, given composition time, rehearsals, and gigs before the album was cut:
I'm pretty familiar with what the drug scene was at the time in my place. Meth was not commonly available. Believe me, my roomies were moving kilos and some coke, but no meth. There were a lot of things commonly available, but at the time, heroin and meth were not two of them.
Supplies of illicit drugs tend to move in waves. Heroin has been available in an off/on pattern for generations. Even pot would get dry around the holidays. Quaaludes were very common at the end end of the '70s, early 80s. Seen many of those lately?
To say something was common in the '60s doesn't say [bleep] about the '80s.

I know what the roomies were doing, it wasn't speed.

You don't think the coke might have had more to do with their violent tendencies than the pot?

And, if you were aware of what your roommates were up to, did you do anything to stop them?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?